Digital marketing is a moving target. Writing about it in a compelling way requires deep knowledge of established marketing practices as well as a finger on the pulse of what’s new. My experience in content marketing and digital strategy comes from a combination of agency and real-world application. I have worked on national branding and content marketing campaigns, I run several websites, and I manage my own line of digital products.
Read on for a selection of samples of my writing in the digital marketing space or click here and use the password SJG to access a password-protected summary of my ghostwritten feature articles from high-traffic websites like Wired, Fast Company, Online Marketing Institute, The Washington Post, Forbes, Chief Marketer, and more.
- Why Millennials Need Imagery to Connect With Your Brand, iStock by Getty Images and Industry Dive (PDF Download)
- 5 Foundations of Effective Content Marketing, SmartBrief (Unreleased draft)
- 5 Ways Thought Leadership Can Make the Best Brand Better, SmartBrief (Unreleased draft)
- 3 Articles Your CEO Needs to Read About Content Marketing, Rick Whittington Consulting
- Should You Start a B2B Podcast for Your Business?, Rick Whittington Consulting
- How to Improve Lead Quality Using SEO, Mabbly
- The Pros and Cons of Hosting Live Social Media Events, Backbone Media
- 5 Facebook Updates Every B2C Small Business Needs to Make, Social Media Today
- Your 6-Month Plan for Building a Powerful Email Marketing List, Rick Whittington Consulting
- How to Determine the Best Social Media Platform for Your Business, YAHOO! Small Business
- 5 Burning Questions Answered: The 2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, Monster.Com
- Content Marketing for Marketing and Recruitment in Healthcare, YAHOO! Small Business
- 6 Things Small Businesses Should Tweet About, Business2Community