Sarah began her career in B2B writing as a ghostwriter for high-traffic publications through Influence & Co. She quickly became a reliable, go-to writing contractor for top B2B marketing agencies, using an efficient writing process to deliver polished B2B marketing content.
In 2013, Sarah founded B2B Content Studio to zero in on what she does best: unearth and polish the unique expertise and value B2B companies bring their prospective customers and gather it all into one place in long-form and short-form content.
She’s since interviewed and written on behalf of hundreds of CEOs and leadership executives on a wide variety of topics, specializing in B2B products in HR and HR tech, retail and CPG, higher education, and digital marketing.
Her portfolio is a display of hard-working white papers, thought leadership articles, webinars, and infographics that help B2B product marketers educate and build relationships with their customers. She also works with B2B marketing agencies as a subcontractor to help them deliver high-performing marketing assets that stand up to the scrutiny of their clients and their client’s clients
In her work, she’s known for shaping good ideas into polished content assets, delivering on deadline, and always having something to smile about.
B2B CONTENT STUDIO TIMELINE
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in English and Creative Writing and a Master’s in Arts in Teaching from James Madison University
- Won the Senior Award for Creative Writing
- High praise from her writing mentor, Mark Facknitz, who said, “You really know how to write a sentence.”
WRITING FOR THE WEB
- Taught high school English for three years
- Transitioned into writing and editing for the Department of Defense as a government contractor
- Founded and grew two websites (ultimately selling one)
- Self-taught crash course in writing conversion copy for B2C buyers, basic SEO, and editorial planning
- Joined a local digital marketing marketing start-up as the Senior Content Writer
- Applied DIY experience to real-life clients, growing knowledge and skills as a copywriter, strategic communications professional, and marketer
- Founded B2B Content Studio in 2013 and grew it into a six figure writing business helping B2B marketing clients tap into their potential
- Founded the B2B Writing Institute in 2020 to help others with a passion for writing break into business writing.